Did you know?
• Over 76,000 people in NEPA struggle to put food on the table
• 1 in 5 children in our region face hunger at home
• Kids who don’t get enough food or enough healthy food get sick more often, miss more days of school and struggle to learn.
The Weinberg Northeast Regional Food Bank works all year round to feed those that are hungry or at risk of hunger. The Food Bank serves seniors, children, families, veterans and the disabled through a network of more than 200 partners throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Last year, over 9 million pounds of food was given to our neighbors in need.
Hunger Action Month™ is the Feeding America network’s nationwide awareness campaign designed to mobilize the public to take action on the issue of hunger.
You can help! Here are a few ideas for getting involved:
• Employee Dress Down Day – ask your employees to donate to the Food Bank in exchange for a dress down day. We recommend you wear orange, the color of hunger awareness.
• Host a Virtual Food Drive – make it a contest between departments or locations to see who can have the greatest impact. Raise money instead of cans: Thanks to the Food Bank's wholesale purchasing power and efficient distribution model, a financial gift provides more food than through a traditional food drive - doubling or even tripling the amount of food your dollar can buy at the grocery store.
• Bring a group of employees for a Hunger 101 session - a simulation of what it is like to struggle to feed your family, followed by a tour of the Center for Healthy Living and a volunteer activity.
• Host a volunteer day/night at the Food Bank and invite your employees and their families to come out and see what the Center for Healthy Living is all about.
Contact email@example.com or call 570-826-0510.